Screen printing has been around since the early 1900s and since then the art has been perfected and inks are now exceptionally durable. Basically, it’s a process where ink is pushed through a mesh screen but here is a quick rundown on how it’s done.
1. A light-sensitive solution is applied to a screen called emulsion.
2. Artwork is printed to a transparent film and stuck to the screen.
3. The screen is exposed to UV light.
4. Wash the non-exposed emulsion from the screen (the artwork).
5. Mount the screen in a jig and add the ink.
6. Squeegee the ink over the screen letting the ink through and onto the item below.
So that’s how it’s done. Obviously, there is a lot of technique and technicalities but we’ll leave that one to the pros.
If you need help in choosing your #merchandiseforadventure, call 1800 680 603 for a FREE QUOTE.
You can also shoot us a message, email us, or simply comment below.
Click the below button to get started!CONTACT US